For general information on the ESIP Summer Meeting (July 14-24, 2020) see here.
- July 22 • 4:00pm – 5:30pm: Working session – “Drafting guidelines for vocabulary selection by data curators and repositories.” organized by M. O’Brien and M. Schildhauer (NCEAS, UCSB).
For general information on the ESA Annual Meeting (August 3–6, 2020), with the motto “Harnessing the ecological data revolution“, see here.
- “Find it, understand it, use it: How repositories help you navigate data challenges”, M. O’Brien et al.
Inspire session INS 18 – Reusing Ecological Data to Answer New Questions – Persistent Problems and Promising Progress. organized by C. Gries and K. Vanderbilt.
- “The elusive Babel fish”, P. Hanson et al.
- “Annotating metadata to improve data discovery and reuse”, K. Vanderbilt et al.
- “Data citation: Getting credit for the data you publish!”, C. Gries et al.
- “Streamline QA/QC for observational data”, L. Kui (UCSB) et al.
- “How to catalog your ecological data for open access science”, A. Nguyen et al.
EDI coorganizes and will have a virtual presence at the data help desk that will be part of this years “Career Central” activities.