Upcoming EDI Video Conference (VTC) Tutorials & Discussions
- 26 September 2017, 02:00 PM EDT: VTC discussion “Data package design, featuring the candidate model for community survey data”.
- 17 October 2017, 02:00 PM EDT: VTC tutorial (1) “Transform and visualize data in R using the packages “tidyr”, “dplyr” and “ggplot2”.
- 24 October 2017, 02:00 PM EDT: VTC tutorial (2) “Transform and visualize data in R using the packages “tidyr”, “dplyr” and “ggplot2”.
Upcoming Seminars and Presentations
- 3 October 2017, 02:00 PM EDT: VTC seminar “DEIMS, the Drupal Ecological Information Management System”.
Upcoming EDI Workshops
November 14 – 16, 2017, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM: “Creating EML with R and using Pasta+ Web Services”.
The Environmental Data Initiative is on YouTube! Stop by for past tutorials and discussions on information management in the environmental sciences here.
Other Training Resources
- ESIP’s Data Management Short Course for Scientists
- DataONE’s Best Practices for Information Management Primer
- Search DataONE’s Information Management Best Practices Database (compiled by informatics professionals)
- Training Modules with exercises by DataONE for instructors to incorporate into their lectures
- NEON’s Data Skills Tutorials (Many R tutorials are found here)