Upcoming EDI Workshops and Video Conference (VTC) Tutorials & Discussions
Fall 2017: After a break in August, we will resume VTC tutorials and discussions. Dates and times will be specified soon and announced by email. These will be our next topics:
- VTC discussion on data package design, featuring the candidate model for community survey data.
- VTC seminar on DEIMS, the Drupal Ecological Information Management System.
- VTC tutorial (1) on how to tidy data in R with the package “tidyr” and work with relational data using the R package “dplyr”.
- VTC tutorial (2) on how to tidy data in R with the package “tidyr” and work with relational data using the R package “dplyr”.
- VTC tutorial on how to use visualization in R for data QA/QC.
- VTC discussion on the future of the LTER Unit Dictionary.
Upcoming Seminars and Presentations
- EDI presentation at ESA meeting, August 10, 2017: “Supporting data synthesis in ecology: The Environmental Data Initiative (EDI)”.
Other Training Resources
- ESIP’s Data Management Short Course for Scientists
- DataONE’s Best Practices for Information Management Primer
- Search DataONE’s Information Management Best Practices Database (compiled by informatics professionals)
- Training Modules with exercises by DataONE for instructors to incorporate into their lectures
- NEON’s Data Skills Tutorials (Many R tutorials are found here)