The Environmental Data Initiative is hosting a workshop on publishing data packages in the EDI repository. The workshop will be held on 4-6 June 2019, at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM. Travel days are June 3 and June 7, 2019. Participants will be trained along with EDI’s Summer 2019 Fellows, and available slots are limited to six. EDI will provide attendees’ travel to Albuquerque, meals and lodging costs.
The goal of our workshops on this topic is to enhance research projects’ efficiency in archiving their data packages in accordance with the standards developed by the ecological research community. Specifically, we will show how to create metadata compliant to the Ecological Metadata Language (EML) standard (v2.1.1) and prepare quality controlled data packages for archiving in the EDI data repository. Our workshop will cover the following topics with hands-on exercises:
- Preparation of data tables for archiving in accordance with QA/QC standards.
- Discussion of metadata content.
- Creating EML using R.
- Publishing data packages in the EDI repository.
- Using data packages in the EDI repository
Fill out the application form here no later than 26 April 2019. EDI will inform attendees on 7 May 2019. We have data publishing resources available on our website (including links to webinars) that convey the workshop’s content for those who cannot attend this session.
- Workshop: June 4 – 6, 2019, Albuquerque, NM
- Travel days: June 3 and June 7, 2019
- Application deadline: April 26, 2019
- Application form
- Participation acceptance information: May 3, 2019
Detailed logistics will be provided to those accepted into the workshop. You can also contact Susanne Grossman-Clarke (email@example.com) if you have questions.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The EDI Team