Because of the high demand, the Environmental Data Initiative is hosting another workshop on “Creating EML with R and publishing data packages in the EDI repository”.
The workshop will be held on 5-7 June 2018, at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM. Participants will be trained along with EDI’s Summer 2018 Fellows, and available slots are limited to six. EDI will provide attendees’ travel to Albuquerque, meals and lodging costs.
The goal of our workshops on this topic is to enhance research projects’ efficiency in archiving their data packages in accordance with the standards developed by the ecological research community. Specifically, we will show how to create metadata compliant to the Ecological Metadata Language (EML) standard (v2.1.1), prepare quality controlled data packages for archiving in the EDI data repository as well as creating data catalogs on a project’s website. Our workshop will cover the following topics with hands-on exercises:
- Preparation of data tables for archiving in accordance with QA/QC standards.
- Discussion of metadata content.
- Creating EML using R.
- Publishing data packages in the EDI repository.
- Creating catalogs of data packages archived in the EDI data repository (with access to the PASTA+ API interface) on the local project’s website.
Please fill out the application form here no later than 25 March 2018. EDI will inform attendees on 31 March 2018. We are recording webinars from our current series on the “5 phases of data publishing” that convey the workshop’s content for those who cannot attend this session.
- Workshop: June 5 – 7, 2018, Albuquerque, NM
- Application deadline: March 25, 2018
- Application form
- Participation acceptance information: March 31, 2018
Detailed logistics will be provided to those accepted into the workshop. You can also contact Susanne Grossman-Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
The EDI Team