Please register and obtain connection information for our next webinars with the links provided about one week before the event in the list of VTCs below.
- September 25, 2018 at 2pm EDT: “Experimental use of Sitemaps.org and Schema.org metadata for Search Engine Optimization” (Mark Servilla, University of New Mexico/EDI). For registration and connection information, please see here.
- October 9, 2018 at 2pm EDT: “Questions and answers on EDI’s Summer 2019 Fellowship Program” (Susanne Grossman-Clarke, University of Wisconsin-Madison/EDI).
- October 30, 2018 at 2pm EDT: “Update on the Information Management Code Registry” (Colin Smith, University of Wisconsin-Madison/EDI and Kristin Vanderbilt, University of New Mexico/EDI).
Upcoming Meeting and Conference Contributions
Organization of Biological Field Stations Annual Meeting (19 – 23 September 2018, Schoodic, MN)
EDI members and Jason Tallant from the University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS) will conduct a workshop on supporting curation and archiving of environmental data. Four of our former EDI Summer 2018 fellows“ will actively participate in this workshop by means of oral presentations on their data management experience during the fellowship.
- September 19, 2018: Workshop “The Environmental Data Initiative (EDI)”. Organizers: K. Vanderbilt (EDI), S. Grossman-Clarke (EDI), C. Smith (EDI) and J. Tallant (UMBS).
- September 21, 2018: “Mixer with Interactive posters and Q&A session”. EDI Summer 2018 fellows present for EDI and their host sites: A. Drebin, G. Kamener, A. Nguyen, P. Novita.
LTER ALL Scientists’ Meeting (30 September – 4 October 2018, Pacific Grove, CA)
- October 1, 2018: Workshop “Dataset Annotation in EML 2.2”. Lead organizer: M. O’Brien (UCSB, EDI), co-organizer: J. Porter (Virginia Coastal LTER).
- October 2, 2018: Panel Discussion “Semantic Approaches to Improving LTER Data Discovery and Interoperability: A Panel Discussion”. Lead organizer: K. Vanderbilt (UNM, EDI), co-organizer: J. Porter (Virginia Coastal LTER).
- October 2, 2018: Workshop “Harmonizing ecological community survey data for reuse”. Lead organizer: M. O’Brien (UCSB, EDI).
- October 2, 2018: Workshop “Data preparation for synthesis – reuse scripts, collaborate, learn”. Organizers: C. Smith (UW-Madison, EDI), K. Vanderbilt (UNM, EDI).
- October 2, 2018: Workshop “Soil Organic Matter Vocabulary discussion”. Co-organizers: M. O’Brien (UCSB, EDI), M. Schildhauer (UCSB, NCEAS), S. Earl (ASU, CAP LTER).
- October 2, 2018: Collaboration Discussion “IM Vocabulary Working Group and Guests: Collaboration Discussion”. Lead organizer: K. Vanderbilt (UNM, EDI).
- October 3, 2018: Workshop “Making LTER Data Accessible and Useful for Students and Educators”. Organizers : A. Berkowitz (Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies), K. O’Connell (OSU), M. O’Brien (UCSB, EDI), P. Snow (Harvard Forest LTER), S. Grossman-Clarke (UW-Madison, EDI), K. Vanderbilt (UNM, EDI).
AGU Fall Meeting (10-14 December 2018, Washington, DC)
- Session ID 52166: “Earth observation workflow code repositories and publication practices for better research transparency and efficiency through reuse.” Co-organizers: C. Gries, Y. Gil.