Upcoming Video Discussions, Tutorials and Webinars
Please register and obtain connection information for our next webinars with the links provided about one week before the event in the list of VTCs below.
During the next months EDI will present a webinar/tutorial series on the “5 phases of data publishing”, as detailed on EDI’s webpage here. This series provides a tutorial and guidance for users of the EDI repository on the topic.
- 27 March 2018, tutorial: Series on “5 phases of data publishing”: (3.3) “Make metadata with the EML assembly line.” Colin Smith (EDI). For connection information, please see here.
- 10 April 2018, webinar: Series on “5 phases of data publishing: “Introduction to the EDI repository and how to publish your data there.” Mark Servilla (EDI).
- 24 April 2018, tutorial: “Create a local data catalog on your website.” Margaret O’Brien and Duane Costa (EDI).
- Hands-on workshop “Creating EML with R and publishing data packages in the EDI repository”. 5-7 June 2018, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM.
The goal of our workshop is to enhance research projects’ efficiency in archiving their data packages in accordance with the standards developed by the ecological research community. For more information see here.
- Hackathon “Opening of the Information Management Code Registry”. 12 – 14 June, 2018, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM.
EDI will celebrate the opening of the Information Management Code Registry with a hackathon. All coders and wannabe coders who have at least some experience with R or Python and an interest in writing new code or contributing existing code to the Registry are invited to contact us. For more information see here.